The girls have progressed in swimming lessons. Little Emily is now in level 4. That means she is swimming laps of the pool and learning strokes like the breaststroke and butterfly. She earned her orange wristband and can now go anywhere in the pool she wants. She spends most of her time in the deep end. Emily has discovered that she can touch the bottom in the 10 ft area and likes to descend and ascend over and over. We spent 2 hours at the pool prior to their swimming lesson and they still asked if they could stay in the water after their lesson was over! I had to pull the plug on that request simply because I wanted to have dinner on the table before 7PM!
Kenzie is doing equally as well. She has moved on to level 5. She will be learning flip turns and more! This session is the last session for the summer, but Kenzie has expressed interest in trying out for the swim team. They are currently on a month long break, but should be returning soon. I predict many hours at the pool for Brian and I. They had a meet a few weeks ago and it was filled with sights and sounds that are very familiar to me: paging over and over for volunteer timers; kids scribbling their lane, heat, and events on their arms in Sharpie; the testing of the starter pistol and false start beeper; jello squares; baby powder and swim caps; the coach assigning strokes for the I.M relay, and the inevitable "Aww! I got the butterfly leg!"
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WAY 2 GO GIRLS!!!! you could probably swim laps around me now!!! I am so impressed but not surprised, you are fantanstic swimmers! Keep up the great work!! ;o)
Post a Comment