Yay! We have made it to Saturday. Saturday marks the first time since high school, I have set my morning alarm for the sole purpose of working out. I went over to Kadena to meet Dionna for the Power Yoga class at the gym. They weren't kidding when they said power yoga. The instructor asked if it was any one's first time and Dionna, myself, and another lady raised our hands. She wanted to make sure that we didn't have any conditions that would prevent us from handling the class. It sounded a little ominous, but I was reassured that general clumsiness was not a disqualifier and we were off. It was hard!! Warrior three and the pigeon pose just about did me in. I fell over twice during tree pose, but I did get a great workout. Today, I am so sore. I have a really hard time lifting my arms above my shoulders and my obliques are screaming at me, but it felt good. I think we will tackle it again next weekend.
After Yoga, we did a lot of running around including a trip to Jusco. I got some sushi and sashimi for dinner and some produce. I am shopping there more often! They had tomatoes for 99 yen (less than a dollar). If you buy a tomato on base, it looks sad and sets you back $3.92. We were looking for ginger and cornered some poor Japanese lady to help us find it. She didn't speak a word of English and when charades failed, we thanked her anyway and went on our way. We happened to stumble upon it a little later. We also found the same Japanese lady and showed her we had found it. She gave us the Japanese name for ginger (Shoo-gah...sounds a little like sugar). Sweet..literally!! We discovered that the Airman and Family Readiness Center is going to have a tour of Jusco coming up this month. It will be while the girls are in school, so I can go with Dionna. We will learn all about the different goods in Jusco, as well as basic Japanese phrases to help locate and order these goods. That is right up our alley and will help me with the produce shopping. I just have to remember to register after the long holiday weekend. Also...Mitzy (my car) returned home on Saturday. I'm independent again!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Power yoga is no joke! I remember my first time and I was soooo sore for like 3 day. Very good workout though, especially for you since it doesn't really make you sweat that much.
It was great! It balances out our cardio very nicely
Post a Comment