Monday, August 4, 2008
It's Late
Brian and I were busy this evening with school stuff. (I completely neglected to mention that he is also pursuing his Master's! He is going for a degree in Environmental Policy and Management. Sounds hippie to me.) His classes are all online, whereas I opted for a more traditional in-class approach. He started tonight, so the kids went to their room to read and I studied for my upcoming Praxis to give him a nice quiet environment to work. Anyway, we had a great weekend and I dearly want to blog about it, but it is late and I'll do it some other time. Neither of us slept very well last night. Emily "had a nigh
tmare" at about 2:30 AM and appeared, blanket and stuffed Halligan in hand, by our bedside moments later. She crawled in, snuggled, and promptly fell asleep. Brian and I had to fend off elbows and knees every hour or so, but she sure was cute. Speaking of Halligan...we did encounter the sign pictured this weekend. I can't read a word on it, but its meaning is crystal clear. We miss our poop machine a lot. It is a great comfort to us that he is hanging out on the farm with his other dog buddies under the watchful eye of my parents. Seriously, he really did go to a farm. It is not just a line we fed the kids. It is a pheasant farm...pretty much heaven on earth for dogs. Eat, sleep, be groomed, chase/retrieve some birds (he sucks at this part, so I think he just goes along for the walk), and swim in a river..you get the picture. He is in good hands, but we miss his silly little face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Brian congrats on your master's as well. Both of you will do great! The online classes are not as bad as you may think. Mine are alot of work but, they will pay off in the long run.
Kim, I love the sign. :O) It made me laugh. I'm glad Halligan is doing well on the farm. I'm sure he's in paradise as well. I know Curtis would be escatic to be there.
I give "Kudos" to both of you for continuing your education. Brians does sound a little hippy, and a little intimidating. : )
I also had to laugh at the sign. Getting sad about next weekend, Chanel goes to the Henke household. I know she will be very loved and taken care of; but we love her very much and will miss her dearly...yard bombs and all!
Aww! We are both so lucky that the dogs got exceptional homes, but it is still hard to say goodbye.
Next weekend for Chanel :(. I forgot to ask when you guys are leaving Mt. Home?
Post a Comment