http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/dyfi/
We had another earthquake. This is the third one I have felt this week. It was a 5.0 magnitude and lasted longer that the first big one we felt. It is so surreal. I can't believe how commonplace earthquakes are around here. I go to the USGS site above and check on all of our activity when I feel a one. It is always shocking to see exactly how many quakes there have been as you don't feel them all. We have been having them all week long and they are all clustered together. Amazing! You can check out your region too! That Pacific Ring pattern is right there plain as day. To look at our area, click on the red words that say "Outside the Us Click Here". Then scroll down to the bottom and click on the link in the center that says "USGS: Worldwide Earthquake Activity". We are in the area just below mainland Japan, the Ruyuku Islands. Right now the islands are all covered up by the boxes indicating the earthquake activity ranging from the last hour to the last week. Interesting stuff.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the site on earthquakes. i am sure we will have more during the four years we are here. What do the girls think of them. I enjoy reading your blogs and seeing what yall are up too.
Post a Comment