Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nerd Disappointed

So... I got an email from my school saying they didn't have enough students enrolled in my degree program to start the cohort on Aug 27th as planned. Sigh...I had my pencils sharpened, my pocket protector polished (thanks for that Jay!), and my backpack packed. I was excited to be in the classroom as a student again. I have the option of starting online right away, but I really want to have a professor to talk with and face to face interactions with my fellow nerdlets. I will be patient and wait a month. My advisor said there are several students that will be ready to go for the September 24th cohort and I can start then. I guess I will have more time to study for the Praxis and workout. Lord knows I could use lots of time for both! Kate: That means no rush on the letter of recommendation. I know you are busy gearing up for the kiddos. I miss that! I love the idea of a fresh batch of little minds marching down our hall.

3 comments:

Kate said...

So... school hasn't offically begun and I already miss you as my neighbor. Things are not the same... :( They moved Sarah and put her in 3rd grade due to the numbers. Paula and I have 25 students each... which is better than last year. :) So, your room is sitting empty without any love. People have been scaming things out of there and it doesn't have the Kim touch! :(

BB said...

Sniff...Did my word wall find a home? Wow! Things are different. I've got an idea..make my room the room to do all the messy stuff in...paint, fossils..go hog wild!

BTW I love Gertie! She is the coolest car I have ever seen. Karma works.

Kate said...

I didn't even think of doing the messy things in there. But, that is such a good idea! :)

Thanks about Gertie! And I will never underestimate the power of Karma again! :)

Miss you.