What do you do when you are lacking a neat jogging accessory? You make friends with someone who has one! It wasn't my mission to do that this morning, but as luck would have it I did! Yay! As I dropped Emily off at her classroom, I noticed that the mom of one of her new friends was dressed in similar workout garb and sporting a stroller. Score! As the girls got to talking in line, so did the moms. Her name is Tiffany and she lives one tower over from us! She noticed that I was dressed to exercise and asked if I wanted to accompany her on her walk. Of course, I accepted the invitation. She likes to walk out in town. Why didn't I think of that?? What a brilliant and interesting way to exercise. We walked out one of the Camp Foster gates and went a 4 mile route around town to a different gate. I had such a good time chatting that I didn't even notice how much exercise we were getting. Sweet! We are going walking again tomorrow A.M on another of her routes. It should be fun.
Then, like frosting on an already nummy cake that was my day so far, Dionna called. She had a surplus of sushi and wanted to know if I was interested in joining her for lunch. Yes!! She was nice enough to come over to my house because I am still without wheels (Day 9). She and I had a lovely lunch and chat. We are still planning on going snorkeling Thursday morning. I can't wait for that.
This is the first year that both girls have been in school and I am not working. I like being a stay-at-home Mom minus kids during the day. We are all much happier to see one another after some time away. Even though I am passionate about education, I could never homeschool. I would end up really resenting my children, negating any positive effects of such individualized attention. I prefer to enrich my children's education by supporting their teachers and being intently involved with what is going on in the classroom (It is only day two and I am already lined up to help Emily's teacher by doing some weekly science lessons soon...fun stuff). It really does make a difference for all involved.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment