Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Math Tutor?
I am struggling with radicals. The radicals are not my children, they are the math kind. Does anyone have a simple way to explain them? My study guide makes it too complicated. I know there must be a straight forward method to teach the concept. If you have any ideas, I will be appreciative!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is why I teach elementary school! :)
This link explains things fairly well.
http://www.math.utah.edu/online/1010/radicals/
if you get stuck on one, e-mail it to me and I'll give you a detailed proof. I'm not doing anything else right now... :(
K: This is just for the Praxis! I opted for Elementary too because I will be able to teach a wider range, but radicals did not figure into that initial decision.
BoBo: Thanks gimpy! I will be studying this afternoon and I may just take you up on your mathematical ability.
Post a Comment