Friday, August 15, 2008

Some Blog Therapy


Yesterday I came home to find that someone had parked in our designated parking spot. I left a note on their windshield that said:

"This is a reserved spot. Thanks, 803"

Then I parked in a visitor's space in the other parking lot.

I awoke to find this note taped to my door. To pacify my passive, aggressive side, I photocopied the note and made some corrections. Now, I want to stress that I DID NOT put this note back on the car. That would be childish, as it is only a parking space. I shredded my work after I photographed it. I did it to vent...and share with all of you. I find that a little laughter can alleviate a lot of stress.

I am the first to admit I do not have perfect English writing skills. English is a tough written language to master. However, this note just screamed out for help. I couldn't resist. It was fun and therapeutic.

I am thinking of a new motto for the Marines:
"The proud few who only got their name right on the ASVAB"

Now that was just plain mean.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Why is it that mean people are often the most stupid??? They are just asking for people to laugh at them.

Kari said...

glad you finally posted..I was beginning to wonder where you went!
sorry you got a mean note though, I'd be steaming and fuming.

Världen är liten… said...

Hmmm, that's really sad... Granted English is only my second language, but I feel like a genius compared to that guy!
What does he mean with the word "question" though, I don't get it.

BB said...

I think he/she meant something along the lines of "I hope you don't have any questions about this because it is not up for debate." A sarcastic remark, I think. It was very difficult to make sense of it. I agree it is very sad and I vow not to let any kid exit my classroom without skills that exceed this adult. Emily said Mrs. Conrow would have made that person "erase and rewrite"...and that was first grade!

BB said...

Hi babe, I left an email with my phone number. 1140flight to tokyo tomorrow.