We got back from Araha at lunchtime. The girls and Brian crashed at home while I went to meet a friend from Lakenheath for a pedicure appointment. I have had pedicures before, but none that come close to this place. Maryanne introduced me to Cocok's and I won't ever be the same again. When you arrive, there is a large, peaceful fountain in the foyer. To add to the tranquility, there is soft Japanese flute music playing. Then you step up onto the huge platform (minus your shoes of course) and proceed to one of the many plushy recliner chairs. Each of these chairs are surrounded with gauzy drapery. Before your appointment begins, you are handed a very large book of nail art samples and a glass of sweet jasmine tea. Heaven! Then the pedicurist arrives at your chair and begins to clean, scrub, and shape your toenails and feet. Just when you think it can't get any better... the massage starts! This is no ordinary massage. They use a delightful rose scented oil and 30 minutes later your lower legs and feet feel like they have never walked on the ground..ever. Wow! Now that your legs are completely relaxed they begin with the nail art you have chosen. By art, I mean art. Everything is done by hand with paintbrushes. Check out the photos! I was there for an hour and 15 minutes. All of this costs the about the same as a pedicure stateside. It is a real treat. If you come visit me on island, Cocok's will be on our itinerary. It is a must do!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Cocok's
We got back from Araha at lunchtime. The girls and Brian crashed at home while I went to meet a friend from Lakenheath for a pedicure appointment. I have had pedicures before, but none that come close to this place. Maryanne introduced me to Cocok's and I won't ever be the same again. When you arrive, there is a large, peaceful fountain in the foyer. To add to the tranquility, there is soft Japanese flute music playing. Then you step up onto the huge platform (minus your shoes of course) and proceed to one of the many plushy recliner chairs. Each of these chairs are surrounded with gauzy drapery. Before your appointment begins, you are handed a very large book of nail art samples and a glass of sweet jasmine tea. Heaven! Then the pedicurist arrives at your chair and begins to clean, scrub, and shape your toenails and feet. Just when you think it can't get any better... the massage starts! This is no ordinary massage. They use a delightful rose scented oil and 30 minutes later your lower legs and feet feel like they have never walked on the ground..ever. Wow! Now that your legs are completely relaxed they begin with the nail art you have chosen. By art, I mean art. Everything is done by hand with paintbrushes. Check out the photos! I was there for an hour and 15 minutes. All of this costs the about the same as a pedicure stateside. It is a real treat. If you come visit me on island, Cocok's will be on our itinerary. It is a must do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG!! How Beautiful, I am so jealous!!
Absolutely gorgeous.
Post a Comment