Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ah Ha! Araha








Another fabulous weekend in Okinawa. We went to Araha Beach with Rebecca (#49 from swim lesson sign ups) and her family. We had a great time. The only downer was that I forgot to put sunscreen on the backs of my legs and really burned my calves (sp?). Ouch. Rebecca and her husband Sal are great. They have a second grader and twin (!) three year olds. They are a neat family. You know who Rebecca reminds me of (some of you will know who I am talking about)? She reminds me of Talea! She looks a lot like her and she has the same incredible patience with children.

Again, we were impressed by the beach and how clean it was. This particular beach is only five minutes away from our house. Wow!! There is also a pirate ship play structure with a zip line that thrilled everyone. I can't believe how kid-friendly this island is! Crime is virtually non-existent here and you can tell that their culture values family above everything.

2 comments:

Aj said...

Glad to see you having such a wonderful time. I've been having some horrible Bartles withdrawl lately. This summer just isn't the same without you guys here!! :o)

BB said...

I miss all of you too. I was really happy with my life back in Idaho. I am serious when I say it would be paradise if I could transport all the people from Idaho to this location. It would be the best of both worlds. I miss you calling me up for one of our adventures and the girls talk about your kiddos all the time.