
Both of my children have the same gene pool and they are so different! The pictures are the result of the same verbal cue, "Make your bed before we leave for school." The kids had the same materials to work with, the same time frame, etc. Granted one bed is against the wall, but the beds are on glider feet and you can move them with just one hand. Really the only major variable was internal motivation. The results are undoctored and quite diverse. Can you guess which kid owns which bed?? I'll give you a few seconds to make your decision. In case you are stumped, the bed at the top belongs to Kenzie and the bed at the bottom is Emily's. This is not a one day experiment, it has been replicated...many times. It is indicative of their room cleaning philosophies. Kenzie just wants to get things
near where they are supposed to be and Emily is very precise. It is the grenade versus the sniper rifle. I wonder if this will continue to be trend as they get older? I have yet to enter the world of parenting teenage daughters, but it is right around the corner. I see flashes of it more and more. Kenzie is starting to feel that her father and I are falling off the "cool" train, or at the very least riding in the caboose. In her eyes we are getting more and more ridiculous. She would probably diagnosis us with what John McCain called "the oldness" on SNL. I will let you know how our battle with this "disease" progresses. In Kenzie's opinion we are most certainly terminal.
2 comments:
Darn it, I had it wrong - I guessed the opposite thinking since Emily is such a firecracker and younger but I was so wrong=o).
Ps My brother was more like Emily and I was more like McKenzie and both of us turned out pretty well with no major teenage drama along the way!
I would be happy with Kenzies job compared to what I have been getting from Autumn.... or Ayden. Jst proves how perfect Ayden and Kenzie are : ) ! Do you think maybe we could get Emo to give lessons?
Don't fret though... I was like Kenzie when I was younger, and I turned out alright :}...I did actually think it was the other way around when I first read it, so kudos to Emily!! Miss you all!!!!
Post a Comment