We are hard at work getting all the boxes unpacked. There has been a lot of progress, but it is still not photo worthy. The girls and I got a lot done today. I have discovered that McKenzie is very creative when it comes to getting out of work and requires close monitoring. She is truly starting to enter those oh-so-lovely growing up years. Yes, I do believe they are worse than the terrible twos and the frustrating smaller years. Whenever, I get to the boiling point I just remember that this too shall pass and that there are 8 years and 29 days until her 18th birthday. I am getting her luggage for that birthday. I really do love her, don't get me wrong. She just wants to be independent of her idiot mother. Someday I will be cool again.
I thought I would include some pictures of the recycling center I created in my kitchen. Garbage disposal in this country costs the government (both Japan and the US) a lot. This is due to the nature of living on an island. There is only so much land space and garbage has to be shipped somewhere. Needless to say Okinawa is big into recycling. This makes my native Oregonian tree hugger sense start tingling. I love it! I took a photo of the pamphlet that we are given about the mandatory recycling program. Every week we challenge ourselves to see if we can fill up our garbage can less and less. It requires some diligence and time, but I think it is well worth it. We have discovered that by living in the towers we have the advantage of a central garbage sorting room. I can take my full bags of recycling down to the garbage sorting room at any time and I don't have to store a whole week's worth in my apartment. It is great incentive to recycle liberally.
2 comments:
Why aren't I surprized that you took this organizational step to another level! :) Ah... I miss my OCD friend.
I love that you get to sort it in your building...I would totally recycle if it wasn't for the 45 minute drive to do it!
Post a Comment