Thursday, June 26, 2008

Coffee Time

I discovered another advantage of living in the towers. Every now and then you get a nice airshow up close and personal. I was enjoying the peaceful hillside view on my balcony when the silence was shattered. It was marvelous. They float like a butterfly, but sound like the biggest, baddest, angriest bee ever! There are no kids in this house that need naps, so we are all excited about the newly discovered addition to our view.

But, sigh, coffee time is over and I have to get busy with the house again. In a minor miracle, the girl's rooms are done. I thought we were not going to make it through that experience. I would rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails than do that again. McKenzie has no desire for organization. I can't wait to see her college dorm room. By then, it won't be my problem...but as long as she lives under my roof, she will have to tow the line. Anybody who knows me, knows I have a great affinity for containers and organization. For instance, I can't just store something in a closet...it has to be containerized first or it taunts me forever. I found a kindred spirit in my good friend Kate. I was in awe at how she could out organize me anyday, her classroom included! She's my hero. So is my Mom. That woman's pantry is a study in the art of organization. You can open any closet in her house with 100% assurance that nothing is going to fall out and it will be aesthetically pleasing to boot. As an added bonus, you could do surgery on any surface in her house and not risk infection. I only study from the best!

No comments: