Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lunch


As mentioned before, we had lunch at the butterfly garden. We had a lovely view. We ate the Okinawan staple...Soba. It is a dish we would equate to Top Ramen only on steroids. The noodles are very thick and the broth is much less salty. There are a few pieces of pork, slow cooked turkey, and knotted seaweed in the dish. We liked it! The girls ate the kid sized portion. Since there was no other option besides chopsticks for utensils, the girls were forced to master them. They did well, as you can see!! We also found the requisite Hello Kitty (it is huge over here!!). However, this one was unique because it was dressed in a Shisa outfit. More on those later. Enjoy.

2 comments:

bccates said...

let's try this again, having signed up with google.
Love your blog. Lets us old folks participate a bit. If this works, y'all can ignore my email.

Dad

BB said...

Hi Dad! I am glad to see you here. I was doing some research on the problem for you, but you figured it out before I did. So, don't call yourself old yet!!!