Sunday, June 22, 2008

Box Heaven


Our things have arrived and been delivered. How exciting. It is wonderful to feel more permanent. Everything went smoothly. I even took a page from my parent's playbook and stationed McKenzie in a chair by the door checking off the box numbers on the inventory as the movers called them out. I vividly remember doing this as a kid. It worked like a charm. She had a productive job, felt important, and stayed out of trouble. I guess my parents have always been smart, but it is easier to see it in retrospect. Emily spent the night at a friend's house, so Brian and I were completely available for the task at hand. So far there have been no casualties among our goods. We did discover that an industrious stateside packer managed to dismantle our coffee and end tables that have probably not been in pieces since they were manufactured. I am not sure how he did this with both of us in the house at the time. They are fast! He also put the nuts and bolts in a random box, so it took us awhile to find them, but we did. Now they are reassembled and it was all done sans instructions. We are currently on the lookout for a lamp part that is MIA and I have a lawnmower in my dining room, but the place is starting to resemble a home. Yay! I will have to post some pictures when things are all in order.

1 comment:

Världen är liten… said...

Thank god you finally got your stuff, and belated happy birthday to both you and Brian!