Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can We Keep Him, Mom?



Just kidding, the girls did not ask that question at all!!! This weekend, eagle-eyes Kenzie spotted this guy hanging out in the trees by where we park the car. This is why I never look up when I am hiking. I don't want to know what is going to drop on me. This is what I have been told is a Banana Spider. Huge! For scale, keep in mind that the leaves at the bottom of the picture are bigger than my head (that is pretty massive). The spider was bigger than my hand! Relatively harmless to humans, but heebee-jeebee worthy.

6 comments:

ugadawgs said...

Hunter wanted to know what level swimming Emily and Kenzie are in?
Avery also wanted to know if Kenzie has to switch teachers for all of her classes and does she have a japanese cultural class?

Kate said...

What a nice thing to see when I am eating breakfast... yum!!!

BB said...

Hunter: Emily is in level 4 and Kenzie is in level 6.

Avery: Sadly, Kenzie doesn't switch for every class, just specials.

Kate: Wait until you hear all about the bats!

Kari said...

Caiden would like to hold that one I'm sure!

Aj said...

I can't tell you how much that creeps me out... I have a huge case of Aracniphobia (sp?)!! Are plants those Elephant Ears? I love all the green...here and there!

BB said...

oh! I forgot to answer about the culture class...both of the girls have culture class. It is a wonderful part of being in a different country. They are learning about traditional dress, ceremonies, food, origami. They also learn about Japanese language. They learn Japanese alphabet, Japanese words, Japanese writing. They will even get to learn how to write their name! They are so excited. I bet you guys are enjoying it up there too!