Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homey Sunday






This morning Brian and I worked on homework. I got Emily and McKenzie busy working on their solar printing kits. Creative Aunt Abbie and Uncle Kevin gave them to the girls for Christmas and since it was a sunny day, we decided to pull it out. They loved it. We learned about the principles of photography (well... the old-fashioned type of photo taking, where you actually had to develop your film). We did one together and then they were off and running by themselves. They stayed busy and I got some polynomials factored. Here are some pictures from the first run through. First they had to expose their creation in the sun. Then they rinsed the photosensitive paper and watched it form into the final "photo".

3 comments:

Kari said...

This looks so fun! I wish I had an Aunt Abby and Uncle Kevin.

Aunt Zanne said...

Next time you go for a walk collect ferns or palm leaves, anything lacy. They make really cool prints.

BB said...

Well, we are pretty lucky in the Aunt/Uncle department around here ;). Good idea, Aunt Zanne! There should be a lot of fun plants around here.