Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Move Over Kenny G


Tonight was McKenzie's recorder concert for the PTO meeting. It was the fifth grade's turn to entertain the parents at the meeting. They did three short songs and we were all impressed. I thought this was some genius marketing. I bet it really increases the turn-out for the meetings. Smart! It is a tip to pass along to other parent/teacher groups. Parents love to see their kids perform.
McKenzie was thrilled that they had to wear black and white. She has finally started to have opinions about fashion. She never complains about her clothes, but I can tell when she really likes an outfit because she walks taller and is more confident. Also, when the outfit frequents my washing machine it is a good indicator it's a favorite. She loves black and white ensembles. She also likes to dress seriously. I think if she could go to school everyday dressed like it was a business meeting she would be a happy camper. I notice when we go shopping she gravitates toward these types of clothes. Black and white always wins, she likes to be able to mix and match. I think that is fantastic. Who knew the girl that hates pink would be so girly?

4 comments:

Världen är liten… said...

Point taken reg Kenzie, just take a look at what she decided to wear for her school pictures, black white, fashionable and formal! Love the dress!

Aj said...

I noticed last year about the more formal clothes, but not the black and white. I also love the dress!! Be glad she wants to dress nice and not want all the punk short short skirts, funky tights that I see girls wearing....

Aj said...

I also think that they are using a fabulous marketing ploy to get parents to the meetings....hmmmm!

BB said...

I know! I think she has better fashion sense than I do! I think I may start having her dress me. Yay!! She was really excited about the dress. I even let her pick a necklace out of my collection because it was a special day. That was fun :).