The Air Force Ball went off as planned tonight. It poured and thundered all last night and then finally tapered into a breezy afternoon just about as we were getting ready for the event. It was great. Dionna and I had our hair done by a lady on base who was recommended by the wife of one of Alex's co-workers. Immediately upon seeing each other we realized that we had both flown in on the same rotator from Seattle!!! What a small world. She was great and I will definitely have her do my hair again. She did a great job. Dionna, who was my Mary Kay lady back in the States, did my makeup. So, I can look respectable when there is a team of professionals who dedicate their afternoon to it! We have more pictures on the way, but I wanted to post a couple. The dress reincarnated well Abbie. Since my date stripped as soon as we got home, I had him take a picture with my other "dates". They had a lot of fun this evening at the Child Development Center on Kadena. They provided childcare just down the road from the ball, so everyone had a fun evening. Brian and I even got our portraits professionally done as a couple at the ball, something we haven't done since we got married. Brian looked very handsome in his mess dress. It was fun to go to such a formal event. I liked going through all the traditions and listening to all the speakers. It was a fun evening and we were back at home before the clock struck midnight. As I type the wind is starting to whip up again. The typhoon has swung well over Taiwan and we are just getting all the outlying winds and nasty weather.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Didn't Need An Umbrella
The Air Force Ball went off as planned tonight. It poured and thundered all last night and then finally tapered into a breezy afternoon just about as we were getting ready for the event. It was great. Dionna and I had our hair done by a lady on base who was recommended by the wife of one of Alex's co-workers. Immediately upon seeing each other we realized that we had both flown in on the same rotator from Seattle!!! What a small world. She was great and I will definitely have her do my hair again. She did a great job. Dionna, who was my Mary Kay lady back in the States, did my makeup. So, I can look respectable when there is a team of professionals who dedicate their afternoon to it! We have more pictures on the way, but I wanted to post a couple. The dress reincarnated well Abbie. Since my date stripped as soon as we got home, I had him take a picture with my other "dates". They had a lot of fun this evening at the Child Development Center on Kadena. They provided childcare just down the road from the ball, so everyone had a fun evening. Brian and I even got our portraits professionally done as a couple at the ball, something we haven't done since we got married. Brian looked very handsome in his mess dress. It was fun to go to such a formal event. I liked going through all the traditions and listening to all the speakers. It was a fun evening and we were back at home before the clock struck midnight. As I type the wind is starting to whip up again. The typhoon has swung well over Taiwan and we are just getting all the outlying winds and nasty weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You look gorgeous BB!! And this was by the end of the night? Wow no raccoon look for you - very nice!
You look great!Love the hair.
You are gorgeous as always!! The dress is beautiful... the hair is perfect... so happy that you had a good night!
You look great! I'm so glad you got to use the dress again. Wahoo :)
You are all very sweet. I have learned that when you are in Okinawa and you need to go formal, you use hairspray like you are from Texas! It's all about primer and lacquer :). It was fun. I even got Brian to do the Cupid Shuffle with me on the dance floor :). Whee!
Post a Comment