Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wind

Man! The wind has really picked up. Last night it was so loud that I thought we were camping on a prairie and I kept waiting for Laura Ingalls Wilder to knock on our door. I don't know if it is really that gusty or if it is just coming from a different direction and hitting our building just right, but it is whistling away. What is it going to be like when a typhoon hits?

Speaking of wind. I learned some more Japanese. Fun Japanese. Apparently, there are at least 9 different ways of describing "breaking wind". A bubbly, happy toot is called burry-burry (that is phonetically spelled) and a gentle one is called a boo-foo (again that is phonetic). I have got to learn the other 7!

We giggled about it over dinner last night. I am sure that we appeared a little crazy to a native speaker because our conversation went something like this:

"English english english , bubbly toot."
"Giggle, giggle, english."
"More english, english, gentle toot, english."
"Hardy laugh!"

No comments: