Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Apartment Pictures





Finally, some pictures of the apartment. I am posting just the living room right now, but the rest of the house is doing well too. I am sure that I will rearrange 100 times before we move because that is what I do for fun, but I am happy with how it has turned out. I really like the little area behind the couch. It has my Papasan that was originally going to be in my classroom, but space and fire codes were an issue. So, now it is in my quiet corner. I also made sure I had a scrapbooking area. While I was teaching, I had absolutely no time for scrapbooking. I promised myself I would have an area with easy access to my hobby so that I will do it more. I lucked out and found a great area for my things and even hid it so the world doesn't have to look at it. Yay! We found the room divider at the concession mall in the PX. It is a mall that has vendors from off base who sell local items. You can get furniture, art, glassware, swords, and a whole lot more there. Anyway, I need to get busy on lunch for the girls. I also have to make some banana bread because I have some very expensive bananas spoiling as we speak. No way am I going to toss them!!! Then I have to get ready for the squadron picnic tomorrow. We are all headed up north to a beach on the Pacific Ocean. I am looking forward to splashing around in the ocean, but I sure hope they don't make us play volleyball. That would be like high school PE all over again for me. Yikes!

2 comments:

Aj said...

The place looks great!!!! Miss ya :)!!

Kari said...

bananas..you can also blend them into a smoothy and freeze. (I use pixie cups and stick craft sticks in when they are stiff) this is fast fast fast, and doesn't use the oven!!!
I bet is feels great to have your own stuff again!!