The girls are going to school here. The school here doesn't end until June 11th! We were told that they didn't need to be enrolled, but Brian and I thought that the girls might like to meet some of their peers before the summer starts. They are attending Zukeran Elementary, home of the Toucans. It is the oldest DODEA school on the island, but it is holding up well. It is a neat place. You can tell it is in a tropical climate, because there are no indoor corridors! All of the rooms open onto covered walkways. It gives it a very open and airy feel. I am impressed with the school. They have a teacher just for art! The students have a weekly art class, as well as a weekly Japanese culture class. I love that there are two counselors for the school and they work at just this school! Wow. There is also a full time nurse that is works at the school too. I wish we had that kind of budget in Idaho!!! We were very good at multitasking there!! Should be interesting. I thought I would let the girls post some of their thoughts on their new school. Here they are:
Kenzie writes:
Today we did animal reports at school.Mine was on Jaguarundis.And now we get to do art class at school.School starts at 7:30 and ends at 1:45.It's really fun here.I hope you can come you'll have fun.I think Emily wants to say something?BYE!
Emily writes:
I have 11 kids in my class. We have two birds and a fish in our class. The bird stood on my finger today. I like it. And the principal was cleaning something outside today. We did origami fishies in language class. We learned some Japanese words today. It was raining and we watched a movie in the gymnasium for recess. BYE!!
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so awesome, I think it is a great idea to put the girls in school for 2 weeks. First, they have something to do during the day, second, it makes it so much easier to get into a schedule and adapt to the time change, and thirdly they might met some friends that the can hang out with during the summer.
Hello Bartles Ladies!
Kim: I love the frequent updates about "Japanese." :) School is finally over and it is great. Tara was wonderful the last month of school. You were blessed to have her! :)
Kenzie: You did an animal report and it was not about BISON??? Wow... I'm amazed. I'm glad you are having fun.
Emily: I hope you enjoyed the rain like your mom. Only 11 kids in class.... aren't you lucky! I hope you are havng fun.
Post a Comment