

Our internet in our cute little TLF room conked out the past few days, so I have been MIA. A lot has happened. First, we went to Payless Motors off base and got some wheels! I got a cute little Mitzubishi Dion (It is not a minivan!!!! It is a wagon!) and Brian got a Nissan Skyline. Now I know some of you are thinking Brian went all Tokyo Drift on us, but in reality he got the 4 door, neutered-suburban dad version of the Skyline. So everyone is happy, including the insurance company. I was really nervous about driving, but once I started it was like riding a bike. I guess I didn't forget from when we were in England. I just have to be really alert because the Japanese are very efficient, even when driving. They like to get from point A to point B in the quickest way possible.
We also move


d into our new digs! Incidentally, McKenzie came up with another really good reason we will like our new place.... lack of bugs. It takes a determined spider to make it all the way up to the eighth floor. I posted a picture of what our towers look like from the exterior. I know they don't have much curb appeal, but they are engineered to withstand typhoons. It works for me because safety outweighs ugly anyday! I also included a picture from our balcony. Somewhere over that hill in the distance is the B

ig PO, Pacific Ocean.
Lesson #5 Try stuff, even if you can't read it. I am posting a picture of the vending machines that you find on every block around here. You can read most of the products in them, but there are a few that are all in Japanese. Brian and I like to get them just to see what they are. I am holding a drink that turned out to be cold green tea. Not bad. It is like a box of chocolates, but only different because it's liquid.
We have a long weekend, so we are taking the girls to the Narnia movie tomorrow and then we hope to hit the beach. Hopefully there will be some photos from that soon.
2 comments:
(Don't touch my mustache!!!) Or should I say hello! I am glad you all are doing well and that you are getting settled in. Back here on the 'mainland' we are getting reading to close up school and go home for the summer. I love reading your blog... you must be bored! :) Thanks for keeping us posted.
Kate!! It is so good to hear from you! I have missed you and all the peeps from BPS. I am going to send you an email right now.
Post a Comment