So, it is day three on the island and how do I feel about it? That is easy...I love it. Honestly , this is the first assignment that we have had where I haven't cried upon arrival. Finally!!! The people have been great. Our sponsors and unit are fantastic. They have made us feel so welcome and I can see why people like this place.
What lessons have I learned in this short time? Lesson one, embrace the frizz. It is humid here and my hair knows it. For those of you who are "Friends" fans, reference the episode where Monica goes to the Bahamas and that is pretty much what it is like. Straight ironing your hair in the morning is a futile effort that just wastes time. I have decided to take a positive spin on this, call the look "beachy waves", and go with it. Lesson two, don't step on chunks of rubber on the sidewalk. I have learned they usually turn out to be large bugs. In addition, when you yelp and levitate it totally gives you away as an island newbie.
Next goal...take pictures!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging my friend! Yes please post a lot of pictures, I'm especially curious about the "Monica frizz-hairstyle"!
//Pernilla
I think I will have the same problem with frizz once I get to Guam!
Karee
Post a Comment