Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When the Kids are Away, the Parents Will Play








Brian had a comp day today, so we went to the Forest Adventure Park in Onna. It is located very close to our favorite snorkeling spot. The trip was way too much fun. Brian loves to jump off high things, so it was right up his alley and I had a great time giving his strange hobby a go. The safety briefing and demonstration was done almost entirely in Japanese, but the guide was great with charades and we got it all figured out. He did have very good English, it was just that we were the only "gringos" in the group. Here are some pictures from the day. We owe a big, huge thank you to D. She was kind enough to drive over to Foster and meet the kids after school so that Brian and I could have a date day. She even folded the clean laundry with Emily. Wow!!! That is friendship. She is a good mom...her bonus kids are lucky.

3 comments:

Dionna said...

You're very welcome! It was no big deal to watch the girls and fold the laundry... all in a days work, right?! I had fun!

BB said...

Good! They loved you :).

Aj said...

You guys look like you are having a blast!! YOu lost me with the picture of the "bridge" that was rope and sticks.... I would freeze up and cry!!