I almost didn't exercise this morning. I was all by myself and so tempted to just skip it. I had a long grocery list and an apartment to clean. However, the breeze as I walked the girls (and Jay-Jay, the little neighbor boy) to school was too lovely. The zephyr (check it Rene...that was my $5 word for today) was cool-ish and the humidity was low, perfect workout conditions. Our high today was only 83 and our low this morning was 73. Dare I say it? I think we may actually be heading into fall here. (Isn't it funny how we acclimatize? I never thought I would refer to 73 as a "cool" temperature.) So, I returned home, put my trusty Sauconys on and plugged in my IPod. I had such a good time doing my normal route. Here are a sampling of the songs that came up on my playlist while I was working out:
1. Fake It- Seether
2. All or Nothing- Theory of a Deadman
3. The Boys of Summer- DJ Sammy(This really fit the mood this morning.)
4. Jesse's Girl- Rick Springfield
5. Coming Undone- Korn (that one could inspire me to run mile 5 before I get eaten!)
6. Maneater- Nelly Furtado
7. Footloose- Kenny Loggins
8. Psycho- Puddle of Mudd
9. Cupid Shuffle- Cupid (Bless her heart, D taught me how to do this dance and now every time it comes on I have to do it! I was not quite ready to be the crazy lady dancing with earphones on the sidewalk by herself, so I waited until I was in the elevator and revisited the song. I got in 8 floors of Cupid Shuffle. I really hope there are no cameras in there. Look it up on YouTube if you are curious. I dare you, it will stick in your head.)
10. The Way You Make Me Feel- Michael Jackson (A classic!)
11. You're so Vain (What a good cool down song! It always reminds me of the movie "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days"...."Our love fern...You let it die!!")
When I got home, I hit the shower and got ready for the day. It was time for the presidential debate. I decided I needed to be effective. I turned all the TVs to the same channel so that I could hear the debate no matter where I was in the house. I got to hear from the candidates and completed lots of household chores. Multi-tasking rocks! After consulting with some wise people and hearing more from the candidates, I am closer to a solid choice. I want to hear from them one more time next week before I mark the ballot.
After the debate, I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed for the commissary. I was in a great mood. I think exercise will do that to you. I am also not as hungry. Does it suppress the appetite too? Wow, exercise just might be the magic bullet. I think it helps to pair it with caffeine.
I was still in a music mood when I got home, so I put the groceries away to a little Ambrosia, Firefall ("You are the woman that I've always dreamed of. I knew it from the start. I saw your face and that's the last I've seen of my heart." Anybody with me??), Little River Band, and...wait for it... Air Supply.
Finally it was time to go pick up my cherubs. Before that I got a phone call from my oldest. I hopped off the chair and put down the cucumber that was serving nicely as a microphone. Her sweet little voice (I have a hard time telling her apart from Emily on the phone) said, "Mom, I just wanted to let you know I have a student council meeting after school today. I won't be able to walk Emily home, so you might want to pick her up." Awwww! I was so proud. The voice of responsibility and consideration. It has added to my fantastic mood today. All right...I have got to sign off. McKenzie is home and wants to fly her kite in the park and dinner is right around the corner. It looks like I will have to sacrifice my "microphone". Sigh....
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment