Sunday, October 5, 2008
Photographs Wanted
So, I am pressing ahead with my coffee theme for the kitchen. I am going to add a bit of paint, I was thinking something in the brown family. I know, try not to go overboard with the color there, Kim. Here is my plan, I found some neat black brushed metal signs that say "Latte", "Coffee", and "Espresso" in cursive on Ebay. I think I will go with browns and blacks and have a pop of red here and there. I want to put a small lamp in the kitchen because there isn't a window. They have some very cool hand-blown Ryuku glass ones around here. The trick will be finding one that has an American plug-in. I think a lamp with cranberry colored glass would be pretty. I also want to find a photograph of the front of a coffee house to frame and put above my sink for a view. I found one on-line that I loved. It was a picture of a quaint coffee house in Palouse, Washington that had a bright red door. I fell in love, but they wanted $95.00 for a print!!! This is where all of you come in. If any of you have the time or desire to do some photography on my behalf I would love it! We are lucky to have wonderful friends and family all over the place. Lets see, there are some in the heart of coffee country...Seattle, not to mention all ones located near the cafes in Boise and Oregon, as well as some chums in the quaint country of England. I am also sure that people drink coffee in Alaska to stay warm, so hopefully there are some photo-ops there :). It is not the same atmosphere here in Japan. You know the small place you like to go sit and sip a cup of joe while it is pouring down cold rain outside... So, any photos you come up with and want to email me will be greatly appreciated. It will make the "view" even that more special. I love a good project!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Adam is always looking for opportunities to use his camera... and it is AWESOME... so we will get you a picture. Do you want it emailed or sent via snail mail... and if so what size?
Your plans sound very prettyand I am looking forward to seeing a post once it is finished!!
Yay! Email is fine, I will just print it here on base. Thanks for helping me!! I think I may end up doing a grouping of pictures if I get a bunch of cafe fronts. The project is evolving :). I will be sure to post the finished project.
Post a Comment