Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Random Fascinating Stuff
Now that I am headed back to school and I have been studying different things, I am getting back in tune with my student self. I found this test on Left Brain vs. Right Brain and I was completely fascinated. I have always known I was right-brained by my tendencies, but it was amazing to see just how right-brained I am. It totally explains why I am a kinetic/visual learner, have to write everything down for recall, make lists to stay organized, talk with my hands, thank God everyday for spellcheckers, and drove my dad nuts when giving directions ("You turn this way (point left) at the big blue sign and then you turn that way (point right) when you pass the house with the red fence.") I answered 15 questions right-brained and only 3 left-brained. You should take it and see where you are at. There are additional links after the test that give a breakdown of left brain processing and right brain processing, the way we learn and the way we interpret our world. I grew up with a lot of left-brained people in my family. They are always so nice to me and love me despite my "randomness". My brother, his wife, and my cousin (who is married to my BFF) are very close to me and are about as left-brained as they come. They totally embrace my quirky nature, same with my parentals. They love me and my weirdness. I have a feeling my BFF is another "right-brained" black sheep of the family. She and I are valued for our eclectic nature. I am going to make Brian take the test this evening. I have a feeling he is a lefty. It irritates him to no end that I will blurt out a thought and then just expect him to "get it". I can't go back and explain how I arrived there, I just did. He loves me too. Ooo...I should have the girls give it a go. Learning is so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Emily is a lefty!
according to the test I'm a right brainer too! I am surprised!
McKenzie is a righty!
I am Righty too.
I knew it! Brian is a lefty.
Wow, I'm such a lefty it's not even funny! I gave all the 18 questions a lefty answer, I didn't expect that at all. BB, did you think I was a lefty?
I responded as a right brained person to 4 questions, and I responded as a left brained person to 14 questions.
any surprises there?
P:I am only surprised that you are such a "left lefty", but you are a whiz with languages (if I recall correctly you are fluent in 3 languages, unless you have picked up yet another language in the 5 months I have been gone :)) and verbal expression. You have a mind like a steel trap for sequential events. Those are big traits of leftys. You probably didn't even get "pregnant brain". I still have mine and my youngest is almost 8 :).
Im a righty too... but I already figured as much. I think i'll have the kids try it also just for the fun of it. : )
BB: Lol, well I guess you're right. It's just that math was never my strongest subject in school but you're right about my memory, my husband always says my mind is like a "steel trap". Not too much of pregnancy brain, I'll get back to you after I start breast feeding though=o).
Here's what my test revealed. I'm not sure which side I use... ;)
You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 18questions.
Hmmm..O gee.. That is a real mystery there ;)
kevin is a righty!12-6
Post a Comment