Done! Phew... Tomorrow I am going for a nice long run in the morning to get all the stress out. It is still in the upper 70s this week, but it feels cooler. Maybe it is because I expect it to be cooler. I have never been sweaty and dehydrated after Trick-or-Treating before. The girls think this is the longest summer ever!! Wait until we carve the turkey or put up the Christmas tree and we still don't need a jacket. That will be weird. Even though time is flying by, it seems to be creeping, because we are stuck in perma-summer.
I have the Praxis on Monday, but it is falling in between classes so I can do some last minute cramming. I don't know why this test freaks me out so much, I have taken it twice before and done just fine. I usually don't have test anxiety, but the Praxis makes me nervous. I think because it is so comprehensive and I am exhausted afterwards. I am aiming for the DODDS goals because they require higher Praxis scores than most states.
The girls went to the neighbor's apartment while I was at school tonight. I packed them a little dinner and the plan was for them to hang out there until bedtime. Then they were going to be tucked in their own beds and the neighbor would check in on them periodically until I got home. When it came time for bed, the girls said it was too scary to be in the house without one of us. Our neighbor graciously let them stay at her place until I got home. I remember that feeling. It was always "scary" when Mom or Dad wasn't there, even if there was a babysitter. It was unsettling somehow. Oh well, it worked out and at least I know they still need me. That is comforting as a mom.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment