Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!!!....wait...Almost Election Day!!

I woke up this morning and realized it is the 4th here, but not in the States. That means I will have to wait until the 5th to see what happens with the election (Flashback to 2000...I remember being in the delivery room on Nov 21st and still waiting to see what happened with the election...ha ha). My vote has long since been mailed. I wonder if they calculate people like me when they do all those polls and projections. I never take much stocks in polls, you can make them say what ever you want them to say. Anyway, we will all be watching the results. The girls are very interested in this whole process (last time they were 4 and 6...Dora was much more exciting than two guys in suits). They held a mock election at school last week. McKenzie played Diane Sawyer, the moderator. Then the school got to "vote". Zukeran Elementary School elected Obama. I wonder if they are like the Puxatawny (sp?..help me out Philly people) Phil of the democratic process. Kenzie confided in me (she has given me permission to share this), that in the end she voted for McCain. Why? She said after watching all of the debates, she thought he would really do a better job. Her biggest issue...his stance on education. She thought he wanted to put more money into roads than schools. Sorry, Barack....you lost her right there...at least the 5th grader playing you did. I like her methodology. Smart girl!

No comments: