Friday was a great day! Kenzie received an honor roll award and an award from her peers (the Caring Counts award seen on the video). D took her lunch break to come and sit in the front row for the ceremony. Brian was TDY, but we called him ASAP. It was fantastic to see her hard work payoff. I am quite excited to put that bumpersticker on my car (I Can. You Can. We Can. Toucan.). I debated about putting it on the car or scrapbooking it, but Kenzie said she would earn another one next quarter for me to scrapbook. Deal! After school we went to the PX to get her report card reward. If you earn A's/B's the BX/PX gives the student a coupon book. It included two free admissions to the base theatre. Kenzie has been dying to see High School Musical 3 and, by a stroke of luck, it was the movie that was playing Friday night! She got to invite a friend and they were treated to popcorn and soda with their movie. Of course, Em and I had to tag along on the girls night out because she is not quite ready to go solo with friends. I was impressed that the girls still wanted to sit in the same row as Mom and Little Sister. That was a bonus for my soul.
They loved the movie. This was the first High School Musical film I have seen. It is definitely the "Grease" of this generation. It was a nice film to see. Afterwards, Kenzie turned to me and said, "I can't wait to go to high school!". I told her it will happen before she knows it! I didn't have the heart to tell her that most high school boys are not like Troy at all. They are not that thoughtful and mature. I also doubt they have the confidence to break into song while shooting from the foul line in a basketball game or dance on the cafeteria tables when asking someone out to prom. Maybe they do sing with their guy friends while working on their cars though. It could be an all guy thing we ladies are not privy to...after all, it also happened in "Grease".
2 comments:
I love it! Adam says the only time they all break out into song is in the shower room at the gym ;O)!!JK! I can't believe that you haven't seen the first two movies...how come I have them memorized due to the fact that Autumn has seen them so many times... you have two girls!!
Ha Ha Adam!!!
AJ: I don't know how I managed not to see them. We own the DVDs for crying out loud. McKenzie would love it if we had a marathon of the HSM movies. Then I can finally get the backstory :).
Post a Comment