Friday, November 21, 2008

Funny Kid

Here is a conversation from this afternoon:

Me (sitting at the computer...reading the news, unbeknown to my children): Hey Emily! You know the future vice president, Joe Biden?
E: Yes.
Me: I just found out he shares a birthday with you! Mr. Obama got him cupcakes for his special day.
E: Wow! You brought cupcakes into my class today too. (Pause) Mom?
Me: Yeah.
E: How did the President get your email address?
Me: What?
E: Well, I think you planned it together.

Thank God I am still cool enough in the mind of my 8 year old, that she thinks the future-President might actually communicate directly with me about birthday plans.

More on E's b-day fun later! We still have more fun coming up.

2 comments:

BB said...

Stupid time difference...I guess Joe Biden's B-day is the day before E's. Oh well...it was fun while it lasted.

Dionna said...

That is so cute. Tell Emily that I said Happy Birthday and that I'm sorry I didn't call that day...got really busy!