Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Glass Blowing at Okinawa World










I am obsessed with Ruyuku glass. It is part of the culture here and so pretty. At Okinawa World the girls got a chance to practice some glass blowing. They each made a glass and the glasses were delivered to us at home the next day with a smile and a bow. So cool. I still have the picture of the finished products on my camera so I will download and post that one later. Here are some pictures of the creating process. After they learned about glass blowing we went into the store and looked at all the wonderful wares. The items were generally expensive (you can find it for slightly better prices at places that aren't so tourist oriented) so we just looked. Of course everything I loved was like $500 bucks! Yikes. I am keeping my eye out for a Ruyku Glass table lamp at a reasonable price. I have two years to hunt that sucker down as a momento, better get cracking. See the picture of the big glass plate wall hanging..it wasn't what I was looking for, but if it is your style...it can be yours for about $3700!!

No comments: