Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good Game!!

I love football. How sad that another season is over, but what a great way for it to end. Fabulous game. I really didn't have a horse in the game, so I picked the Cardinals because they were West Coastish...and I seem to remember that the Steelers (with a little help from the refs) snatched a SuperBowl victory from my beloved Seahawks in the recent past. Sniff!! We let the girls play hookey from school (SuperBowl Monday over here!) and watched the game as a family with our buddy Alex. Poor Dionna had to work, but I chatted online with her for part of the game. Alex and McKenzie were the Steelers cheering section. Why?? Well, Alex had a childhood fondness for the Steelers. McKenzie chose them because they were her 4th grade teacher's favorite team and they were the team that Mom and Dad did not choose. She does love her independence from the parentals, that one.

We didn't get to watch the SuperBowl Ads because AFN gets all of its stateside programming for free/reduced price as long as it doesn't air any advertising. This is why we only get to see the same PSA's (a la....."Remember to stay hydrated on Okinawa"...and "Water Safety: You only get one chance") over and over and over again. It was a little bit more special during the SuperBowl..The President taped a message to us and so did many different Cardinal and Steeler football players...that was a really nice touch. Oh well, it is worth it to see stateside programming. I can only understand the weather forcast on the local channels here because it involves numbers and symbols. I am hopeless at understanding Japanese.

We watched the SuperBowl Ads online and I have to say they did a pretty good job this year. I have compilied my top 5 list:
Honorable Mention: Career Builder- It's Time! : The lady in the car kills me.
Honorable Mention: Pepsi Max- I'm Good!: I love resilient, happy people. They are fun to be around.
#5: Coke Zero- Polamalu: It had flashbacks to a classic from my childhood and the funniest line ever..."Is he coming??? Is he coming???"
#4: Budweiser- Conan Goes Swedish: Just because I know Pernilla had to have peed her pants on this one..just a little.
#3: Pedigree-Adoption Drive: It was hilarious to watch the girls laugh so hard. They loved the frisbee part.
#2:Doritios-Crystal Ball: I think I may have worked with that guy at Capital One.
#1: E-Trade- Babies: ROTFL. I have loved this baby since he hired the clown. Always good.

Well, I finished my paper that I let hang over my head since last week. It took me an hour. I don't know why I procrastinate. I chew on it until last minute and then bam...it's done. If I would have sat down and done it after class on Wednesday, I would have had the whole week completely scott-free. Now I am starting a 6 week class and my one week of academic freedom is down the drain. Boo Hoo!

It is beautiful outside. The rest of the week is supposed to be just like today...72 degrees, cloudless and low humidity. I think I will have lunch on the balcony. I will just have to chase the "sky rats" off and it will be perfect.

5 comments:

ugadawgs said...

Isn't it weird to watch Super Bowl on a Monday Morning. I was going to be mean mommy and make the kids go to school, but they got lucky and had a volcano day and schools were closed.
Don't you just love writing papers?lol. I am at the point where I think I can write them in my sleep since each class , I have to do two papers.

BB said...

I know, it was surreal! Emily felt so guilty, I don't think she really enjoyed the day..how cute it that! I also know what you mean about the papers. It just becomes a habit. Now it seems like I have to limit my words, rather than worry about making the word count. It is such a habit now. We miss you guys! I am glad you are in Japan.

ugadawgs said...

we miss ya'll too. You need to come over here and teach, so I can use you as my mentor for my student teaching in 2011. Hunter misses having you as a teacher.
Emily is so funny. We let the boys play hooky the day after our disney trip and he was all worried about some since project. He felt guilty too. They are too funny.

Aj said...

sshhuuussshhhh!!! I don't want to kear how fabulously warm it is there....I am freezing!! JK!! I am jealous of your weather though! We are watching the snow fall and still waiting for Mt. Redoubt to erupt!!!

BB said...

Don't worry, the weather is nice now, but check back with me in July when Alaska is comfortable and we are sweltering. You have my full permission to rub it in then :).