Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm Back!







It appears that I have been bummed for over a week now, but rest assured..I am feeling much better. I got a lot of love from my online chums and Brian/the girls rescued the tree. They found some ornaments at the BX and I got to open a Christmas present early, some Japanese ornaments (the umbrellas). The best part was when I discovered my grandmother's 1940s Christmas ornament was carefully packed in its own shoebox in the one box of decorations we brought with us. I was so excited to find that because it means a lot to me. I also found two of her hand crocheted angels and they are helping make the tree feel like ours. Now I am choosing to look at it from the perspective of haveing a few more years here to add some "memories" to the Christmas tree. I am also choosing to believe that the rest of our ornaments are safely stored in Mt. Home. All is right in the world again.

The rest of last week was just downright busy. I finished my class and I am now on a break from classes until Jan 7. I used my extra time to pack in some observation hours. I got to see lots of neat teaching ideas. I am starting a folder on my computer with all the ideas I steal from other teachers. Brian worked Sunday to Saturday because it was Silver Flag time again. Yuck. McKenzie had her long awaited play performances. They did Twas' the Night Before Christmas and she played the daughter. The play was great. The whole cast did a great job and you could tell they had put in many hours of practice. McKenzie belted out her duet with confidence. Nicely done Talls! Emily (AKA Smalls) started gymnastics this week. She has been looking forward to this for a long time (we have been on the waiting list for months now). Emily took to it like a duck to water.

It was a good week. I feel a lot more like it is Christmas...except it is still in the upper 60s and lower 70s. I still can't get used to that. It has been awhile since we have been to the beach, so maybe we will take some of this downtime and relax on the beach. I have never done that for Christmas before.

5 comments:

Kari said...

Yay for a busy week! Caiden's first music performance was this week and Ady's first dance show is Monday! I love this time of year! Bring on the cookies!!!

Aj said...

We also have a busy week. We started out witha hockey game tonight...it was against the Idaho Steelheads...oh who do we root for. Idaho won!! Yahoo! Then Ayden has one last play practice Monday and the play Tuesday. I also have another CT scan tomorrow morning. Oh yeah, Austin had his "Snow Ball" this weekend. It was a semi formal affair, but I can't be old enough to have a kid going to these kinds of dances!!;O)

BB said...

K: Aren't busy weeks fun?

AJ: Alaska sounds like fun. Maybe we will have to put it on the dream sheet. What an experience that would be! BTW, we got your card in the mail today. Loved it! Emily is taking Autumn's picture to school to show everyone :). I hope you are feeling better....

Dionna said...

oh I wish I could have been there to see her sing! I love school programs! I think your tree is beautiful! Now you can start collecting ornaments from here and when you get your other stuff back (and I'm sure you will) you can combine some great memeories together!

BB said...

Hey! I heard that POP is going to need some children to audition for their next musical, so I think I will ask Kenzie if she is interested. Wouldn't that be fun! Performing seems to be a great way to channel all of her "drama".