Ahhh the glamour of tower living. They are currently repainting the exterior of our tower, so our view is temporarily diminished. I love the way they taped arrows on our sliding door! That cracks me up. I did notice that the balcony off our bedroom, which is our fire escape, is completely taped over. If we have a fire, I will have to go all Hollywood stunt person and rip through their careful masking job. Adding to the ambiance, last weekend there was a car in the parking lot with its horn blaring at 10pm. Brian went down to make sure that it wasn't our vehicle and encountered the cops as they were checking the situation out. They determined that there wasn't a body slumped against the steering wheel and left! Brian diplomatically reported that they "lacked a sense of urgency about the situation." The horn blared all night long and finally stopped about 11 am the next morning. Brian and I chose to pretend it was a foghorn that we were listening to as we drifted off to sleep. Frame of mind is everything! If you think that is "ghetto fab", wait until you hear what happened next. A few days later, one of the cars in the parking lot was on fire! There was black smoke billowing in the sky. Not only did it completly destroy the van, but the cars parked right next to it were charred too. I think I may actually have some street cred by the time we move out of here.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The Ghetto becomes the Projects
Ahhh the glamour of tower living. They are currently repainting the exterior of our tower, so our view is temporarily diminished. I love the way they taped arrows on our sliding door! That cracks me up. I did notice that the balcony off our bedroom, which is our fire escape, is completely taped over. If we have a fire, I will have to go all Hollywood stunt person and rip through their careful masking job. Adding to the ambiance, last weekend there was a car in the parking lot with its horn blaring at 10pm. Brian went down to make sure that it wasn't our vehicle and encountered the cops as they were checking the situation out. They determined that there wasn't a body slumped against the steering wheel and left! Brian diplomatically reported that they "lacked a sense of urgency about the situation." The horn blared all night long and finally stopped about 11 am the next morning. Brian and I chose to pretend it was a foghorn that we were listening to as we drifted off to sleep. Frame of mind is everything! If you think that is "ghetto fab", wait until you hear what happened next. A few days later, one of the cars in the parking lot was on fire! There was black smoke billowing in the sky. Not only did it completly destroy the van, but the cars parked right next to it were charred too. I think I may actually have some street cred by the time we move out of here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'll ask R. and get back to you about whether or not you have gained street cred or not=o).
Hee Hee
I think you would've earn more street cred if there actually was a body slumped over the steer wheel.
got to love the green glow for Christmas... :)
just think of it as a that they giftwrapped your apt for Christmas!! he he
All of you are too funny!!! Thanks for the AM laugh :)!
Post a Comment