Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Funny Moving Story

Dionna and I were almost finished getting the kitchen organized and my butterfingers got in the way. We had been working all afternoon and were looking forward to having a nice dinner when I dropped the bomb...literally. I was standing on a stool, putting cans in the cabinet above the fridge and one of the cans of tonic water slipped out of my hands and crashed to the floor at D's feet. It exploded! Poor D..she tried to grab it, but the can spun around like one of those twirling fireworks spraying liquid everywhere. She got tonic water in her eyes. Thank goodness she has a great sense of humor...she immediatly started laughing even though she was soaked with sticky liquid. Mascara was running down her face and her hair was dripping! Due to my clumsiness, we spent the next hour or so scrubbing the kitchen down, literally from floor to ceiling. Have you looked at the sugar content in tonic water??? It is basically bubbly sugar water....uggghhhh! It was everywhere and I hate sticky. It is the worst kind of mess. We sucessfully cleaned everything, but it was a huge undertaking. The ironic thing was I had two cans in my hands when this happened, one was the tonic water and one was club soda. Why couldn't it have been the club soda I dropped???? 0 calories, no sugar, and is actually used to clean stains out of other things....

3 comments:

Världen är liten… said...

Of course it had to be the tonic!

BB said...

I was half tempted just to pour some gin on the floor and make the best of a bad situation :)

Aj said...

too funny!