Monday, March 2, 2009

The Tooth Fairy is Worse than the Mailman

Emily lost a tooth in the middle of the night the other night. She exits her bedroom in the morning, tiny tooth in hand, and announces that the Tooth Fairy didn't come!!! She said she woke up and the tooth was on her pillow (lucky!!!). How come the Tooth Fairy missed me Mom??? I told her that it was an unannounced fallout and the Tooth Fairy has a cutoff time. If the tooth falls out after bedtime, the Tooth Fairy will stop by on the next night. Sorry kiddo. P.S. The Tooth Fairy arrived as scheduled the next night. Yay!

3 comments:

Kari said...

so...what the going rate? we have several loose candidates...

BB said...

Apparently..inflation has hit. It was 25 cents when I was a kid, now it is $1.00.

Aj said...

Its about a dollar at our house too....unless it was the front two, and we are passed that now. If they loose them now it will cost us much more!!! Good save though. I have to admit that our toothfairy has forgot to come a few times over the years. I had to explain that she is afraid of dogs and so the poor dog gets kicked to the curb to ensure that they get their money :oD