Friday, August 21, 2009

Hopefully you haven't abandoned me like I have abandoned my loyal blog readers....deepest apologies

































So this week is just another crazy week. I have a total of 5...yes 5 papers due. As Murphy would have it, this is the one week that my husband has to go TDY (He is attending a fire chief's conference in Dallas, TX). The girls are doing great though. They are very respectful of my schoolwork time. To reciprocate, I make sure to work in some things that are fun for them...even if it is just a quick spin on the bike around the neighborhood. I love this older kid thing. I loved my children as babies, but I have to admit that I never have baby cravings. Been there, done that...I like this stage much better! Maybe if I could pop out a third grader, I would do it again, but somehow I don't see the laws of nature bending that much for me. Plus, Brian likes the family dynamic just the way it is...so we are going to maintain status quo.

Anywhoo...I am posting a few photos from the rest of our summer of fun because I promised to do it a long time ago and I need a break from writing academic papers. Plus I have a big sense of guilt for not posting lately. So here it goes (deep breath).....We snorkeled, hung out at the pool, hung out at the beach, rode on that ferris wheel and overlooked the city from said wheel, BBQd for the 4th (awesome cake D) then went to see a F22 raptor and watch fireworks on the flightline (that's them over the nose of a KC-135-that photo is for you Dad!! and the one of the girls in the KC's jumpseats too), went on a Battle of Okinawa tour that included Peace Prayer Park where I found some Cates on the walls, bowled, visted the Nakamurake House- the preserved house of a wealthy farmer from centuries ago that was a favorite with the girls, got really sweaty climbing around on castle ruins, attended the most awesome 10,000 fireworks summer festival at the beach with 99% of Okinawa's population, karaoke-d and had a girls day at Cocok's for Kenzie's birthday, took a fantastic tour with the ladies to participate in an authentic Japanese tea ceremony, shopped on Kokusai Street, and.....battened down the hatches when Typhoon Morokot threatened the island (by the way the placement of the motorcycle is an example of successful marital conflict resolution...the original plan (his) was to PARK IT IN THE LIVING ROOM...seriously). Love you all! More later.

1 comment:

Aj said...

No apologies needed...we all know how life gets busy....and yours definately has been!! Looks like you are all having fun!